RNA viruses are often regarded as the most common class of pathogens behind human diseases, with two to three novel viruses being discovered each year. Clinical management and disease containment rely on accurate laboratory diagnosis and for many RNA viruses, molecular methods provide the most sensitive and specific acute phase diagnostics . RNA extraction is very important for the molecular detection of common viral pathogens.
Carrier RNA is a common reagent in RNA extraction kits. In the trace RNA extraction experiment, the binding and elution efficiency of RNA on the purification column was reduced, resulting in insufficient recovery of PCR template, and the final experiment failed. After adding Carrier RNA to the purification system, the recovery efficiency of trace RNA was increased by more than 10 times. In addition, the presence of Carrier RNA also reduces the probability of RNA enzymes attacking trace RNA templates, thus specifically protecting trace amounts of RNA templates. Carrier RNA has become an indispensable component of trace RNA purification (such as viral RNA purification).
|Grade||For molecular biology|
|Shipped in||Dry ice|
|Storage Condition||Store at -20 °C. Please avoid freeze-thaw cycles.|
|RNAse/DNAse Contamination||Not detected|
|Note||This product is for research use only.|
- This product is suitable for most viral RNA extraction kits.
- This product helps to isolate low-yield RNA.
- The viral RNA purified by this product is compatible with subsequent downstream analyses such as RT-qPCR or digital droplet PCR (ddPCR).
- This product is non-viral origin RNA and does not interfere with the subsequent detection of viral RNA.
Since the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, research into the detection and treatment of Coronavirus has never stopped. Alfa Chemistry is committed to providing customers with the carrier RNA used in the nucleic acid detection process to meet their various needs. If the product you are looking for is not in our catalog, please contact us. We will be happy to provide you with customized synthesis services.
- Hernandez, S.; et al. Simple and economical extraction of viral RNA and storage at ambient temperature. Microbiology Spectrum. 2022: e00859-22.
Our products and services are for research use only and cannot be used for any clinical purposes.